Select Page

Whether you may change your name following marriage or perhaps not, there are various entities you will have to notify about your new position. Among them are your place of work, HM Revenue and Customs, the DRIVER AND VEHICLE LICENSING AUTHORITY and your doctors. You will also most likely want to update your business address on any checks, checking accounts and credit rating greeting card records. You should request trained copies of the marriage license to give to entities as much will make reference to the SSA for verification.

You may also want to consider adding your spouse to your health care insurance plan, in cases where that is not currently the case. The majority of health insurance businesses will only let you make this type of modify within a particular time frame following a “qualifying event”, such as having hitched, so it is better to act quickly.

Additionally, you will want to think about combining your financial accounts or opening joint types, depending on your individual preferences. Make sure to discuss these types of decisions thoroughly with your partner to ensure that virtually any changes is made are inside your best interest. Also, it is a good idea to consider reviewing the estate planning documents, such as wills and trusts, to include your spouse in to any existing documents as well as to create new ones, if required. You may also need to update any kind of beneficiaries with your life insurance, car and function policies. Lastly, you will probably want to keep an eye with your credit score while marriage could lead to commingling of finances and will cause a drop in one or both of your scores.